(1) Non-Chinese international students who are in good health;
(2) Master’s degree applicants must have bachelor’s degree and be under the age
(3) Doctoral degree Applicants must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
(1) Nankai University Postgraduate Admittance
I. Submit application materials to the International Students' Office prior to the deadline (March 10th);
For your convenience to get the information, please join in the QQ group chat of Nankai University Chinese Government Scholarship Recruitment: 376767322
II. Interview with intended college(March 10th -April 10th)
III. Upon successful completion of the above and admittance into Nankai University's Postgraduate program, applicant's information will then be submitted to Graduates Office for review
(2) CSC Scholarship Admittance
I. The list of scholarship candidates will be finalized and sent to the China Scholarship Council by April 30th;
II. International Students Section will announce results after getting the confirmation from China Scholarship Council by the end of June;
III. Upon announcement Nankai University International Students Section will mail applicants an Admission's Notice as well as Form JW201 - Visa Application for Study in China.
3.Application Materials (in Duplicate)
(1) <Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship>. Please go to the website at http://laihua.csc.edu.cn to fill out the online application and print out the form. Please submit the application form with a photo and signature. (Note: Please fill “10055” as “Agency No.”)
Majors in Chinese:
Majors in English:
(2) Please go to the website at http://nankai.17gz.org/ to finish the online application.
(3) Highest diploma. If applicants are university students or are already employed, they should also provide documents of being university students or on-post employees. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
(4) Official transcripts. Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with translations in Chinese or English.
(5) Personal Statement, including study or research plan, personal background, financial situation, personal strengths etc., written in Chinese or English (no less than 800 words).
(6) Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English from professors or associate professors. The contact information of the recommenders should be attached.
(7) Acceptance letter from a supervisor of the applied major.
(8) Applicants applying for the Chinese-teaching discipline, please submit HSK level 5 or above. Those who have not reached the required HSK level or have no knowledge of Chinese can apply for one year of scholarship-covered remedial Chinese language studies before entering their major studies. Applicants whose native language is not English applying for the English-teaching discipline should provide TOEFL (above 87) or IELTS (above 6.0) score.
(9) Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (printed by Chinese Quarantine Authority - only required for those whose period of studies in China lasts more than six months) filled out in English. The medical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records - or those without the signature of the attending physician, official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed (stamped) photograph of the applicants - are invalid. The medical examination results will be valid for six months. All applicants are kindly requested to take this factor into consideration while determining when to take the medical examination.
(10) Photocopy of Passport.
(11) Copy of Application Fee Receipt. Application fee for postgraduate is CNY600 or US$105. Please submit the fee to the Nankai University Registry (the ground floor of Nankai University Student Activity Center). If you need to wire the money, please send it to following account:
Account Name: Nankai University
Bank Name: Bank of Communications, Tianjin Branch, Nankai University
SWT NUM: COMMCNSHTJN
Account No: 120066032010149600156
Account Name: Nankai University
Bank Name: Bank of Communications, Tianjin Branch, Nankai University Sub-Branch
SWT NUM: COMMCNSHTJN
USD Account No: 120066032146300000768
◆ When submitting the payment, please clearly state that these are "Graduate Entry Fees" as well as the name and nationality of the applicant. Also, please note that this application fee is non-refundable.
- Whether admitted or not, the above applicant materials will not be returned.
4.Application Deadline and Place
(1) Deadline: March 10th of each year;
(2) The application materials may be submitted to:
Admissions Office: International Students Section, Office for International Academic
Exchanges, Nankai University, 94 Weijin Road, Nankai District, Tianjin, P.R. China, 300071
5.Value of Award
(1) Exemption from registration fee, tuition, on-campus accommodation,
laboratory fees and internship fees;
(2) Living allowance: Master degree CNY 3,000/m; Doctoral degree
(3) The Chinese Government Scholarship students’ comprehensive insurance in
(1) The CSC will evaluate the performance of the scholarship students annually;
(2) Scholarship students normally cannot change their major or institution, nor extend their duration for scholarship, unless there are any persuasive reasons.
7. Contact Information
International Students’ Section
Office for International Academic Exchanges
94 Weijin Road, Tianjin, P.R. China 300071
Tel： +86 22 23508825
Fax： +86 22 23509646