A mathematician, Academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences; Professor; Doctoral Supervisor, Professor in Nankai University. He was born in Chongqing in October, 1948.
Main Research Areas: Pure Mathematics - nonlinear analysis and symplectic geometry
Main Research Directions: Nonlinear Hamiltonian System, symplectic geometry, index theory, closed geodesic, nonlinear partial differential equation, variational method, Celestial mechanics, etc.
Director of the Chern Institute of Mathematics of Nankai University, Professor, Doctoral Supervisor
Academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences
Distinguished Professor of Chang Jiang Scholars Program of Ministry of Education
Member of the review group under the Academic Degrees Committee of the State Council (ADCSC)
Deputy Director-General of Chinese Mathematical Society
Director-General of Tianjin Mathematical Society
Editorial board member of Chinese Annals of Mathematics
Editorial board member of Advanced Nonlinear Studies (US)
From October 1978 to August 1981, he entered the School of Mathematics at Nankai University, where he received his master’s degree.
From September 1981 to- August1983, he was elected as the Assistant and Lecturer of School of Mathematical Sciences in Nankai University.
From August 1983 to December 1987, he entered the School of Mathematics at University of Wisconsin-Madison, where he received his doctor’s degree.
From January 1988 to October 1988, he completed the postdoctoral research in the Institute of Mathematics, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich.
Honors and Awards:
1. Outstanding Dissertation Award by Sigma-Xi Research Association, University of Wisconsin-Madison in 1987
2. Science and Technology Progress Award of State Education Commission of the PRC in 1991 (2nd prize)
3. Outstanding Young Scholar Award of Qiushi Science and Technologies Foundation of Hong Kong in 1996
4. Outstanding Teacher Award of Baosteel Education Fund in 1998 (Grand prize)
5. Shiing-Shen Chern Mathematics Award in 1997-1998
6. Natural Science Award of National Science and Technology Award nominated by Ministry of Education in 2003 (1st prize)
7. National Natural Science Award in 2004 (2nd prize)
8. mathematics awards of the Third World Academy Of Sciences in 2004
He was elected as Tianjin's top model worker in 1994; the national model teacher in 1995 and 2004.
HAMILTON system, MORSE, symplectic group, DEGENERATE, SINGULAR, SYMPLECTIC, PROOF, ARGUMENT, Rotation Perturbation Methods, INTEGER, complex plane, ASYMPTOTICALLY, nonnegative integer, HAMILTONIAN, periodic solution, nondegenerate form, N-body problem, variational method, INFINITY, existence question.
Relevant Information Reference: http://mirror.math.nankai.edu.cn/mathematician/RenWu/LongYiming.html
https://expert.cnki.net/Expert/Detail/08106019.htm (Source: Expert Database of CNKI)