Nankai University-University of Glasgow Joint Graduate School is win-win cooperation between Nankai University and the University of Glasgow.
The Joint Graduate School began enrolling full-time postgraduates in 2015. There are four majors being provided in the program including international relations (030207H), regional economics (urban and regional planning) (020202H), environment management, and economic (environmental management)(0830z1H), and English language and literature (050201H). As an English-taught program, it has two years. The qualified students will receive Master's degree certificates and postgraduate diplomas from Nankai University and Master's degree certificates from the University of Glasgow.
2021 Nankai University-University of Glasgow Joint Graduate School
Programs Admission Guide
The Nankai University-University of Glasgow Joint Graduate School (hereinafter referred to as the Joint Graduate School) is a Sino-foreign cooperative education institution approved by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China. The Joint Graduate School began to recruit full-time master students in 2015 and was incorporated in the postgraduate enrollment plan issued by the State. It offers four majors: International Relations, Regional Economics, Environmental Science, and English Language and Literature. The length of study is two years.
The establishment of the Joint Graduate School is an important manifestation of the strong cooperation of Nankai University and the University of Glasgow in the United Kingdom, two world-renowned universities, outstanding disciplines complementarity, comprehensive teaching abilities, and strong school-running capabilities. It aims to serve China's education internationalization strategy.
1. Major and Research Direction
Name of major and research direction
Enrollment starting year
English Language and Literature
The above is the projected enrollment plan. The final enrollment number will increase or decrease according to the profile of candidates and the enrollment scale of each major.
2. Admission Requirements
Candidates who meet the following requirements could apply for the Joint Graduate School programs:
(1) Candidates who have taken the 2021 Unified National Graduate Entrance Examination and passed the preliminary examination and are qualified for the reexamination or candidates who are recommended enrollment with exemption from the examination;
(2) Good academic performance in the undergraduate study and meeting the principles and requirements of the enrollment programs for the undergraduate background;
(3) Candidates obtain one of the following language test scores or reach an equivalent English proficiency:
International Relations, Regional Economics, and Environmental Sciences:
a. IELTS 6.5 (Listening 6, Speaking 6, Reading 6, Writing 6) ；
b. IBT TOEFL 92, no sub-test less than 20;
c. PTE Academic 60, no sub-test less than 59
English Language and Literature
a. IELTS 6.5 (Listening 6.5, Speaking 6.5, Reading 6.5, Writing 7)；
b. IBT TOEFL 100, no sub-test less than 24;
c. PTE Academic 68;
d. Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): A (=191);
f. Cambridge English: Proficiency (CPE): B (=191)
(1) The length of study of each major in the Joint Graduate School is two years, and the tuition is 50,000 yuan per year.
(2) The courses of the Joint Graduate School are taught in English and are jointly undertaken by the teachers of Nankai University and the University of Glasgow.
(3) Meeting the graduation requirements, the students will receive a master's degree certificate and a master’s graduate certificate from Nankai University and a master's degree certificate from the University of Glasgow.
Graduate School, Nankai University
For more details, please refer to: