The educational program about Master of Arts (International Relations in Economy and Trade), organized by Nankai University and Flinders University together, is very famous and renowned among similar cooperative educational programs in China. This program was approved by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China in 1999 and began to enroll students in 2000.
Link for Chinese-Foreign Cooperation in Running Schools: http://www.crs.jsj.edu.cn/aproval/detail/372
Nankai University is a key multidisciplinary and research-oriented university directly under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Education, one member of the “Project 985” and “Project 211” group of universities, which can offer doctoral degrees in both International Economics and International Trade with a solid foundation in management theory and practice, outstanding scholars and teachers. In the 2017 Academic Ranking of World Universities, Flinders University ranked among the best in Australia, whose economics disciplines, especially International Relations in Economy and Trade, enjoy a high reputation in Australia.
Through the cooperation between two universities, this program remains committed to cultivating a group of high-end talents for Chinese economic development by introducing high-quality foreign resources, cutting-edge textbooks, and advanced teaching methods. The talents are expected to master high-level English competency, know very well international economy and trade theories, and possess operational capacities in the field of international economy and trade.
1. The applicants attend the separate entrance examinations given by Nankai University and Flinders University, without the need to attend the national united examination. In addition, outstanding scholars and teachers will teach the courses. Professional teachers from two universities work together to give lectures in the field of international economy and trade.
2. The degree is recognized by the state. This program is a professional master's degree program recognized by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China. And the master's degree obtained can be certified at the Chinese Service Center for Scholarly Exchange of the Ministry of Education.
3. The teaching philosophy is in line with international trends and works well for China. This program introduces the advanced teaching management ideas of Flinders University, follows the trends of international development, meets the demands of the economic development in China and is applicable to a wide range of industries.
4. Social Evaluation: This major has a good reputation and social influence among similar cooperative educational programs. And the graduates are fully recognized by the employer.
5. A communication platform is built to share resources. During the course of the program, two universities regularly hold seminars and lectures. The two sides have held several international seminars in Tianjin, China. Focusing on many subjects such as the impact of the financial crisis on the Chinese economy and Sino-Australia economic and trade relations, Sino-Australia economic cooperation, the international economic landscape and Chinese economic trends in the post financial crisis era, many experts, scholars around the world and outstanding leaders in different industries in the seminars exchanged their views with the students. As a result, the seminars gained positive social acceptance, while providing a platform for follow-up services and continuing education for the alumni majoring in the International Relations in Economy and Trade of the two universities.
14 courses in total, including 8 courses offered by Flinders University and 6 courses offered by Nankai University
(teaching in English)
The East Asian Economy
Foundation of Economics
Theory of International
International Financial and
Human Resource Management
World Economic Development:
Analysis of International
International Marketing and
Management Theory and
International Business Law
For more details, please refer to