The educational program about the Master of Hospital Administration, organized by Nankai University and Flinders University together, is the only Chinese-foreign cooperative program to train the master in this subject area in China. This program was approved by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China in 2002 and began to enroll students in 2003.
Link for Chinese-Foreign Cooperation in Running Schools: http://www.crs.jsj.edu.cn/aproval/detail/372
Nankai University is a key multidisciplinary and research-oriented university directly under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China, one member of the “Project 985” and “Project 211” group of universities. In the long-term running, it has formed the features of equal emphasis on humanities and sciences, profound foundation, highlighted application, and innovation with outstanding faculty. It was selected as one of the 36 universities (Class A) in the Double First-Class development in China. Founded in 1966, Flinders University as the second university in South Australia is world-renowned for its excellent teaching and research. According to the 2018 Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings, Flinders University ranked in the top 300 globally. Flinders University could offer undergraduate, master, and doctoral degrees. It has rich experience in terms of Hospital Administration and has developed a large number of outstanding management personnel for the Australian health system. As a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities, the degree conferred by Flinders University is internationally recognized.
In order to give full play to the overall advantages of the economics and management disciplines in Nankai University and the strong faculty in hospital administration of Flinders University, the two sides cooperate in the educational program about Master of Hospital Administration. It is aimed to learn advanced management ideology and methods, optimize the knowledge structure of management personnel in the medical field, arouse the consciousness of innovation, develop senior management personnel in the medical field in China, improve the competitiveness of domestic hospitals and management personnel in the market economy, drive forward the reform of Chinese medical and health system.
1. The applicants attend the separate entrance examination given by Nankai University and Flinders University, without the need to attend the national united examination. And some famous teachers would teach the courses. Professional teachers from two universities jointly teach new knowledge in the field of hospital administration.
2. The degree is recognized by the state. This program is a professional master's degree program recognized by the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China. And the master's degree obtained can be certified at the Chinese Service Center for Scholarly Exchange of the Ministry of Education.
3. The teaching ideas are internationalized and adapted to the situation of China. This program introduces the advanced International hospital administration ideas, follows the new trend of hospital administration, and meets the demands of hospital system reform and private hospital development in China.
4. Social Evaluation: This major has a good reputation and social influence among similar cooperative educational programs. And the graduates are fully recognized by the employer.
5. A communication platform is built to share resources: in the study, the two universities regularly hold hospital administration lectures and seminars where many domestic and foreign scholars, experts, and outstanding leaders in related industries would exchange their experiences of hospital administration, providing a platform for follow-up services and continuing education for the alumni of the hospital administration program in the tow universities and for graduates and students at school to communicate and share successful experiences of modern hospital administration, which has achieved a good social response.
16 courses in total, including 8 courses offered by Flinders University and 8 courses offered by Nankai University
Health Systems: An International Perspective
Foundation of Economics
Introduction to Hospital Administration and Health Service
Hospital Financial Resource
Major Project in Health
Risk Management and Clinical
Service Operations &
Human Resource Management
Medical Health Informatics
Health Laws & Regulations
and Medical Ethics
Major Project in Health
Chinese Hospital System
For more details, please refer to