On April 23, the 2019 Tianjin Science and Technology Awards Conference and the 2020 Science and Technology Work Conference were held in the Tianjin Auditorium. The conference commended the winners of the 2019 Tianjin Science and Technology Award. In 2019, Nankai University won a total of 19 scientific research awards, of which 8 were awarded as the first completion unit, including 3 first prizes in natural sciences, 2 first prizes in scientific and technological progress, 1 second prize and 1 third prize in natural science, and 1 second prize in scientific and technological progress .
The three projects to win the first prize for natural sciences were:
· Research on Lithium / Sodium Storage of High-capacity and Long-life Nano Electrode Materials Led by Professor Lifang Jiao of the School of Chemistry.
· Effect of bioactive materials on promoting vascular regeneration in the treatment of ischemic diseases Led by Professor Deling Kong of the School of Life Sciences.
· Research on the Surface and Interface Process and Mechanism of Micro-nano Structure Control to Improve the Degradation and Removal of Toxic Organic Pollutants Led by Professor Lingyan Zhu of the School of Environmental Science and Engineering
The two projects to win the first prize scientific and technological progress were:
· Development and Application of Key Technologies for the Efficient and Low-cost Treatment of Organic Waste in Urban and Rural Areas led by Professor Meiting Ju of the School of Environmental Science and Engineering
· Development and Application of Key Technologies for the Efficient and Low-cost Treatment of Organic Waste in Urban and Rural Areas led by Professor Meiting Ju of the School of Environmental Science and Engineering and Development and Application of Farmland Composite Pollution Restoration Technology Based on Risk Diagnosis led by Professor Hongwen Sun.
The project New Fenton Oxidation Technology and Performance Control Mechanism for Refractory Organic Pollutants led by Professor Minghua Zhou of the School of Environmental Science and Engineering won the second prize in natural sciences. The Design, Synthesis and Properties Research on Novel molecular-based magnetic materials project led by Associate Professor Qinglun Wang of the School of Chemistry won the third prize in natural sciences. The Research and Application of Machine Learning and Data Technology in Enterprise Production project completed by Professor Xiuli Shao of the School of Computer Science won the second prize of scientific and technological progress.
In addition, Nankai University, as a cooperative institute, participated in the completion of a number of projects. Of these, 4 projects won the first prize of Tianjin Science and Technology Progress Award, 6 projects won the second prize, and 1 project won the third prize.
In 2019, the Tianjin Science and Technology Award ultimately selected 13 natural science awards, 7 technological invention awards, 174 scientific and technological progress awards, and 1 international science and technology cooperation award, resulting in 6 special awards, 23 first prize, 100 second prizes and 65 third prizes. At the same time, the conference also issued a special award for fighting COVID-19. The Treatment of New Coronary Pneumonia with Integrated Traditional Chinese and Western Medicine and Development of Innovative Chinese Medicine lung-recovering and virus-fighting Granules project led by Professor Boli Zhang, a fellow of the Chinese Academy of Engineering and President of the Tianjin University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, and the Clinical and mechanism research on Xuebijing injection in treating new coronavirus infection pneumonia project led by respiratory medicine expert Professor Nanshan Zhong of the Chinese Academy of Engineering won the first prize of this special award.
(Reported by Junhui Wu, Translated by Mengya Pan, Edited by A.J.Strong and JianjingYun)